DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had my galbladder out and i get now after 1 year

Customer Question

i have had my galbladder out and i get now after 1 year painunder my right gae where it grabes me and then releases
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no not yet i have a little diaree i have ibs,i took some ibs relief to see if its helps it grabes i can kind of feel grabbing realease feeling im on my period at themoment as well cani maye take anything for it to help cam things down not much pain just discofort
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: on and off for 1 year i havehad scans etc was diagonosed with galbladder stones and then itwas remove there lots of liquid noises in my tummy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have uturus is a little thicker than normal as i had failed miscarriage in april been ultrascanned and gyno not to concorned being rescanned on 6th aug but he feels its my periods that i have at the moment
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Can you please clarify where exactly is the pain ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it right inbetween my ribcage slightly to the rightpain comes in waves and now im constapated a little.but dont know if its connected to me havinga period and i am a little gluton intolerent and not been eating for 3 days properly really can i get something overthe counter to calm things down not in pain but just fee waves of it sometime goes into the back of my shoulder blade.

Thanks for the information

There are a few things to consider

Sometimes after a gallbladder removal surgery there are local scar and adhesion formation and that can lead to pain in the same area.

Another possibility is that it might be due to the IBS you have .That can cause a pain in this location.After a gallbladder removal body does not digest the fat component of the diet adequately so that undigested food can cause a pressure feeling and gurgling sound. You can take omeprazole and Tylenol to help relieve the symptoms. If the pain and pressure doesn,t get better then do see your doctor for an evaluation. The pain does not seems to be due to you having your periods.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you there ?

Do ask if you need any more information till you are satisfied

if you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards