Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Physical last week indicated Urobilinogen <2.0. Have not

Customer Question

Physical last week indicated Urobilinogen <2.0. Have not been back to had a report. How concerned should I be. . .
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I'd have to get the list... I take seven once a day. Aspirin for the past 14 years after a knee replacement. I take one for high blood pressure last test 140/78, which is working very well, 1 for Cholesterol last test 123, 1 for Vertigo and it's working fine, 1 for Prostate health last test 0.749, 1 for Acid Reflux and 1 for Anxiety working very well... I know Im probably wasting your time without the names. Maybe I should have been better prepared. Oh, Im a white male 72 and overweight by 50 and trying to loose.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I did not realize there was an issue until I pulled up my lab work from the VA/. Everything else appears to be just fine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Going to sound odd, but after daily activity in the shop my left ankle swells slightly, the following morning back to normal. No pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and other medical conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns. I am experienced in diagnosing and managing the health concerns you have mentioned here related to the urobilinogen levels.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to this lab report;

1) Was this Urobilinogen report for a urine test? Or was it for a blood test report?

2) Does the report say < 0.2 OR <2.0? (just double checking)

3) Are you having any liver issues like jaundice (yellowish discoloration of skin, eyes, urine etc)?

4) Did you have any blood tests checking for Bilirubin, ALT, AST etc from the blood? (these are standard liver tests)

Hi, have you received my questions posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to access this site properly.

If you need more time it is perfectly fine. Please take your time and reply when you can.