Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am an adult and if I read or hear about a person who has V

Customer Question

I am an adult and if I read or hear about a person who has HIV or died of AIDS I get terrified and have dreams of that person or definitely find it creeping into my thoughts when I wake up to use the bathroom at night. Once I get over it and I have a hard time sleeping the thoughts of these individuals come back and haunt me in my dreams. They are no doing anything to me but it scares me. I want it to stop. I do not have a terminal illness or have a close family with it. What can I do to stop these dreams and thoughts. What are coping mechanisms and why does it happen?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The best thing for you to do is to consult with a team who has experience dealing with these sorts of things. Usually such a team consists of a psychologist and psychiatrist.

A very effective tool for dealing with these sorts of dreams and thoughts is called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or CBT for short.

There is no need for for you to continue to suffer with these dreams and thoughts.....excellent help is available.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS