DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I must have a myelogram. I have four drugs that are

Customer Question

I must have a myelogram. I have four drugs that are essential. I have severe anxiety and depression and it has been a struggle to keep me balanced. I have to be off these 48 hrs before and after. Do you have any suggestions to enable me to have the myelogram. Another drug?
buspirone HCL 40 mg
wellbutrin 300mg
lexapro 20 mg
flexeril 20mg
clonazepam 1mg
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

The first three of these, and in fact, the other two are long acting and will still be largely in your system.

The clonazapam can be started back , I would suggest, sooner after your procedure.

I would discuss this with your doctors.

In fact, I don't see a real need to have you off this after your procedure.

I am not sure why they are insisting on this, after the procedure, for any of these drugs, or even more than a day before.

Did they explain this to you?

In fact, this procedure does not require anesthesia, so I see no reason there has to be any cessation of your meds, really.

I think you need to clarify this.

Maybe this was a misunderstanding.

If general anesthesia, usually a day before.

Or day of.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas