Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I typically drink about 2-3 litres of water a day. Last

Customer Question

I typically drink about 2-3 litres of water a day. Last weekend I went out and without really eating a lot I drank a stupid amount of beer. For about a week since now I have had low grade headache, foggyness, irritability, and weird sensations in my head. I did some research yesterday and made an educated guess that I was low on sodium. Took in a lot of sodium yesterday (chickenstock) and I feel a bit better today, but still a bit to go.
My question is is this something I should seek clinical help for or should I just continue to avoid alcohol and consume lots of salt and potassium?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Hi

I do think you should avoid alcohol for few days and take fruit juice and hydrate your self.

I do think this should be better with diet changes.

You can take sports drink like gatorade to take care of electrolyte imbalance if any.

Drinking too much beer can cause symptoms you describe.

Warm clear soups can also be taken.

Avoid fast food,spicy food.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

It's good to monitor your blood pressure also while taking sodium and potassium.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
May I help you further?
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.