Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I have small kidney stones before and was given alka-ur and

Customer Question

I have small kidney stones before and was given alka-ur and advised to drink lots of water, my urinalysis shiwed there was blood in it. After taking the doctor's advised, the urinysis showed no blood in it. But not it seems that the urinalysis again showed blood in it.and i have lower back pain, flank pain on both sides. Should i take antibiotic? If so what antibiotic could you
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. The symptoms you described are likely secondary to a new episode of kidney stones. You should go to the ER and have some testing done. It's unlikely to be a urinary infection because of the pain and hematuria. Please rate my answer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 3 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

The previous expert opted out and I will be helping you

The pain is may not due to the infection, but may be due to the kidney stones.

You need a repeat ultrasound to see if stones have become little bigger or have moved to a different place and causing you these symptoms.

If stones are of same size and not dislodged from the previous position, doctor will try a course of antibiotics

If size is more go for Laser breakdown and removal, not a complex procedure

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for answering you

Follow up questions can be asked even after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here,

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya