Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My blood pressure 3 days is reading anything from 151/97 to

Customer Question

my blood pressure for last 3 days is reading anything from 151/97 to 164/109 I am very stressed and know this may be the cause I have drs appt tuesday next do i need to do anything before that
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: some fluctuation between these highest and lowest readings
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pulse resting over 110 all the time
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

You don't need to do anything specific before consulting your doctor. Please maintain a log of your blood pressure readings to show to your doctor. Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

A resting pulse rate of over 110 is concerning. This could be due to the stress. However my suggestion to you in view of this and also since you are very stressed is not to wait till tuesday but to go as soon as possible to an urgent care center or an ER. You will be examined and may be given medication which will make you less stressed and this will also decrease your blood pressure and pulse rate, which you can record in your log book. Then your doctor will take the decision of whether you need medication or not based on your log book and examination. Therefore you will come to know whether you are having episodic high blood pressure or not, and whether you require medications for the control of high blood pressure.

Take care.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pulse rate now settled at 95-100 bpm , bp as before , have
fluttering feeling in my chest,stomach,pelvic area,very unusual sensation going up and down my body in waves for past 3-4 hours

Dear customer,

These symptoms are likely due to the stress and anxiety you are having. However any rhythm disturbance in your heart needs to be looked for by doing an ECG before concluding that this is due to anxiety.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.

Dear customer,

If you have no further questions, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

It was a pleasure answering your question.

Thanks.