Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Last couple days, I have noticed a faint light reddish tint

Customer Question

For the last couple days, I have noticed a faint light reddish tint in my stool, and have also had cramping. Stool has not changed size or shape from normal. I am 31 years old, non-smoker, and rarely drink alcohol.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The most important thing to consider and rule out is blood in stool.

The most common cause of blood in stool at your age is either hemorrhoids or anal fissure.

However, as a general rule, any person who has blood in stool must be seen by a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and then proceed accordingly.

Meanwhile, taking increased amounts of fiber in form of increased fruits and veggies and whole grain cereals along with increased intake of fluids.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards