Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My pain management doc said my drug test was positive fir

Customer Question

My pain management doc said my drug test was positive fir tramadol and meth. Neither do I use. I last dec.I did have a script for tramadol but not had it since Jan when I was put back on morphine.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: What possibly would cause to teSr positive for either...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I did take 2 or 3 bendryls 2 weekends ago when I had a allergic reaction to a bug bite. And did take 1 tizandine hcl 4mg which I forgot to tell him because it was a script only when my muscles cramp and the normal no medication route isn't having any effect. It's very rare but could either of those cause a false result? Tramadol is the 1 really stumping me. Meth- haven't ever done and I should be equally bothered by them both. And I am but meth it seems it's easy to get a false result I was told but tramadol...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The benadryl and other meds did not cause your test to be positive to meth and tramadol.

Most positive tests (urine, blood etc) are confirmed by mass spectroscopy or gas chromatography. These two follow-tests are very, very accurate and are considered the "gold standard" of tests because they are almost never wrong. If these confirmatory tests were done in your case, then there is going to be no way that you will be able to convince your doctor, a Judge, or anyone else that those drugs were not in your body.

I would check to see if these follow-up tests were performed on your sample.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS