Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

5 days ago, around 10 pm, i suddenly developed a fever,

Customer Question

5 days ago, around 10 pm, i suddenly developed a fever, severe body aches, very high pulse , breathlessness,chills and fatigue.My resting pulse is up to 105 and if i go up the stairs it is in the 125-135 range. BP is low-normal (100/60).my baseline is 120/80. i also had a very bad headache which I had woken up with and had all day. For the next 2 days I was unable to do much of anything (incl. driving), as my temperature hovered around the 100 degree mark (101 at its highest). My normal temp is 97.6. I saw my dr. on day 3, and had a chest X-ray, which was negative, and some bloodworm. The bloodworm showed significant anemia. Normally I'm borderline or low normal. I have SLE, but it has been mild-moderate since I was diagnosed in 1984. I am 54 yrs. old. The dr. said the glands in my neck were a little swollen. I have no respiratory or GI symptoms. i have had a couple of mild spontaneous nosebleeds. I also had a urinalysis clean catch, which was clear. Having had many lupus flares, I can say this feels different than any I have had in the past.
I'm concerned that I may have acute leukemia., because of the sudden onset, FUO, and anemia, as well as general flu-like symptoms.I forgot to add that I have been on Clindamyacin pills for 3 weeks due to skin MRSA on my face. it is slowly clearing up.
What do you think might be going on? Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Probably this may be a viral fever.Glands tend to enlarge with viral infection and fever.

This typically don't feel like acute leukemia.

Probably blood work is able to detect leukemia and i do think you are being anxious due to your symptoms.

Kindly wait for few days and follow symptomatic treatment including

Paracetamol/Tylenol to control the fever.

Plenty of warm fluids like tea and warm soup.

Take rest

Further blood test like

CBC,ESR,PBF

LFT

RFT

Most likely this is a viral infection and blood work may not detect much.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Wish for good health.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got labs back. H and h and lymphocytes fell dramatically since last labs 1 month ago. Still having horrible headaches and intermittent fevers
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Kindly provide the complete lab reports.