Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

If my ast n alt went down last month n EVEB ggt 40 points

Customer Question

If my ast n alt went down last month n EVEB ggt 40 points sugar chokestrol all good why did ggt go back up
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This indicates inflammation of the liver.

This can be from a variety of causes.

You need to have your doctor repeat this test to make sure it is accurate.

And if so, he needs to consider the list I gave you previously.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

Greetings

• I do not see the numbers here, but minor/mild fluctuations of the enzymes or not unusual
  • I would advise you to have faith in your doctor and trust him/her. Answer for this question is best coming from your doctor, not from us
  • We are not in a position to advise your doctor or provide him/her with a list of differential, just on the basis of few lines you write in this box, and it is not our job to do so. You doctor does not need a list form another doctor to consider. These are very basic.
  • Your doctor is in the best position to care for you as he/she have ALL THE DETAILS OF YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY, and HAS EXAMINED YOU, and HAVE DONE MANY OTHER TESTS,. WE DO NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY
  • Best wishes