Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I am reaching out to you inquire about some kind of solution

Customer Question

I am reaching out to you inquire about some kind of solution or remedy to help me. I have a struggle with getting rid of unsightly and painful razor bumps. I have paid hundreds of dollars trying to find a solution
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have these painful razor bumps?

Where exactly on body do you have these?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
40 year old malethey go and come behind the head
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having unsightly and painful razor bumps that come and go behind the head can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Other less likely possibility is of multiple cysts.

Swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and yeast cultures will confirm the infection.

You need physical examination by your doctor & prescription antibiotic medication.Also anti fungal medication may be required.

So make an appointment with your dermatologist for examination & oral prescription antibiotic & other medication accordingly..Till then apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are available as OTC without prescription & will help you accordingly.

Also check your blood sugar levels.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Is there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What antibiotics and anti fungal would you recommend to I can talk to the MD about it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long would I be on these antibiotics?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When it's cleared up what can I do to prevent it?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Antibiotics, such as derivatives of penicillin or other types of antibiotics that are effective against the responsible bacteria, are used to treat cellulitis.Culture & sensitivity test is also required to know the best sensitive antibiotic against the causative organism.

Oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) may be prescribed accordingly.

You need to discuss this with your MD & get the prescription accordingly.These may be taken for few weeks.

For prevention:

• Check your blood sugar levels.
  • Keep the clean and dry
  • Avoid infected or old razors.
  • If you get any cuts apply topical antibiotics as soon as possible.

All this will help you greatly.

And please do not forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Have you consulted your doctor for the prescription of antibiotics?

Do you need further assistance?
Is there anything else that you would like to know?
Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh