Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Going back to the issue of ligature marks, both the marks

Customer Question

Going back to the issue of ligature marks, both the marks were totally seperate and there was no continuity. The thin nylon rope was in the lower part of the neck (horizontal ligature mark) whereas the ligature mark just below the chin was incomplete transversely oblique ligature pressure abrasion mark. If this is a suicide case, then there should have been only one ligature mark where the rope was, so where did the second incomplete transversely oblique ligature pressure abrasion mark come from? As far as I know it is not easy for a person to commit suicide, more so, if he/she has no immediate record of being in any kind of depression or unavoidable problem.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old was the person?

Height and weight?

M/F?

Tell me about the scene where they were found, how the body was positioned, etc.

What was the rope made out of?

What was the rope diameter?

What types of knots were used?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.