Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Two days ago I discovered a pea size hard knot below my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Two days ago I discovered a pea size hard knot below my right armpit, and then the very next day I woke up and felt a nickel size hard knot directly above my right hip. Both of these knots just appeared out of the blue. They are not painful and they don't seem to move. I don't understand what they are. I'm 39 years old if that helps.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I'm not in pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I just had blood work done and I'm anemic (not by much), vitamin D is low, and the bloodwork shows I have some inflammation. I've been extremely tired, dizzy, and my feet swell. All the heart tests they did came back normal.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer,

These are your enlarged lymph nodes. These are likely due to the inflammation that you are having. Not to worry since in majority of the cases these are reactive and will gradually decrease after your inflammation is settled.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/swollen-lymph-nodes/basics/definition/con-20029652

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.

Dear customer,

If you have no further question, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.