Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

What risk am I taking by having a colon cancer operation

Customer Question

What risk am I taking by having a colon cancer operation when it is discovered that I have atherosclerosis of native arteries of extremities
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there are some risks of colon cancer surgery when you have athrosclerosis of arteries in your extremities.

but the colon cancer itself can cause problems with bleeding and spread of cancer as well which is deadly.

hopefully your surgeons can do the surgery quickly and get the tumor out of you quickly without complications from your arteries.

with any bowel surgery and general anesthesia, there are risks for infection, bleeding, blood clots, even death.

but these risks are small, and your surgeon and anesthesia doctors do everything to monitor your heart and blood pressure during surgery

to make sure you don't die.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com