Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I'm experiencing a very clear discharge. no pain. no

Customer Question

I'm experiencing a very clear discharge. no pain. no swelling of lymph nodes. No discomfort urinating. Only a little more bathroom visits than normal.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: there hasn't been any swelling at all
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i'm a male.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 8 months ago.

I would just like to confirm your symptoms. Do you mean to say you have a clear discharge via the urethra? And also increased frequency of urination? Any other symptoms? Any other medical conditions or medications that you might be on? Any rashes or blisters in the area?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

Now clear discharge via the urethra and increased frequency of urination can be indications of simple urinary tract infections even if you dont have discomfort while urinating. This would be easily diagnosed with the help of a simple urine examination and alspo with the help of a culture. this would be then treated with antibiotics or anti fungals. Usually if there is no pain chances are that this could be a fungal infection.

Another possibility is that you couild have developed a metabolic or endocrine disorder which could be causing the problem. this would occur in diabetes in which case you would need blood tests like HbA1c and fasting blood glucose levels. Diabetes insipidus can be a possibility as well in which case you would need further tests like water deprivation test.

Now the increase frequency and discharge can also be due to a problem with the prostate which would need a prostate examination as well as a prostate ultrasound. A prostate infection can present in this manner or even enlargement of the prostate.

I would suggest that you have your doctor evaluate the situation and run the above tests.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/