Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Boringly orrible...i have a lot of constipation lately. Also

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: boringly orrible...i have a lot of constipation lately. Also im reading up on mucus from the backside. Usually part of constipation but sometime not. I can be profuse and a bit messy. My diet is good generally and Im very active. It feels like my gut closes down for a day or two.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not been to GP. Im on lustral.......sertraline and take ibuprofen for shoulder stiffness etc fairly regularly.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no - just the lustral. Im also the worlds worse sleeper and suffer insomnia alot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask are you saying that your constipation alternates with diarrhea with mucus off and on? What is your age and sex? Any blood in the stools or pain while defecating?