Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

How can i help my 50yr old boyfriend, keep an erection? he

Customer Question

how can i help my 50yr old boyfriend, keep an erection? he is type2 diabetes, and we have both been in 2 serious, but hurtful relationships before we found each other. We've been dating since Febuary, and we love each other but hes having a hard time keeping erection. We can begin having sex (making love) but like 2 or 3 minutes after foreplay he goes soft and it wont erect again??? We are both frustrated. Hes tried pills from the internet but the same thing occurs..... Im just asking for a little help with the next step.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Its good to know that you love each other & I am sorry to know about the problem of erection he is having.

The symptoms your 50 yr old boyfriend are having loss of erection after 2-3 minutes of foreplay is medically called as ED(erectile dysfunction).Its most common causes are: ageing,diabetes,hypertension (high blood pressure),cardiovascular diseases,cigarette smoking,nerve or spinal cord damage,low testosterone levels,certain medications,depression and anxiety.

As he has history of type-2 diabetes,this seems to be the most probable cause of his symptoms.

He need following tests:

-Testosterone levels

-Neurological evaluation,

-Dynamic infusion cavernosometry(DIC) and cavernosography (DICC),

-Nocturnal tumescence test.

The treatment depends on the cause.It includes Oral medications like Sildenafil (Viagra),Tadalafil (Cialis),life style improvements (for example; quitting smoking, and exercising more), Inserting medications into the urethra (intraurethral suppositories), testosterone therapy.

So my best advise for him is to make an appointment with urologist to have these tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.He should keep good control of his blood sugar level.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please

reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Just checking in to see if you need further assistance.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh