Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

If I drank 3 bud lights between 4:30pm and 6:45pm, then

Customer Question

If I drank 3 bud lights between 4:30pm and 6:45pm, then nothing, then had 6 bud lights between 8:30pm and 11:00pm could I have an alcohol level of .53 at 9:30am the next morning. If so or not so, please explain. I'm 5'3, 140. I ate through out the day quite a bit but not in the evening.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.

You mean to say got detected in drug test?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was at work and said they smelled alcohol on my breath. I was given a breathalyzer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess it would be .053. Sorry.

Yes, it detects in around 8 hrs from the last drink and below 0.08 is legally wrong

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for helping you

Follow up questions can be asked even after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here, http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No disrespect, but if my last beer was at 11:00pm and I showed .053 at 9:30 am the next morning, that is 10.5 hours? How? I did not feel under the influence?

Few breath analysers detect when last drink is at around 11yrs.

So it slightly varies based on amount of alcohol, time of last ingestion and the type of breath analyser used

11 hrs**

Any other questions, ask me

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated for the answer

Best Regards

Do you have further questions? sorry to ask, the answer is counted only after your positive rating