Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had diarrhea 3-4 weeks and just recently I haven't

Customer Question

I have had diarrhea for about 3-4 weeks and just recently I haven't been able to hold it and had two accidents. I'm taking Imodium, Dicyclomine 10 mg and Diphenoxylate (lomotil) 2.5 mg, had a stool sample done and two blood test so far and the stool came back clear and the one blood test showed I am low in potassium. For some reason I get a cramping and just can't hold my stool. Any ideas as to what could be my problem?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: About 3 weeks with the doctor with no results. My health is good except I have bad anxiety.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take prescriptions for anxiety/depression, cholesterol and blood pressure. Other than that I had the IB about 4 years ago and when I took the meds it worked for me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Any blood in stools ?

What was the problem 4 years back?

Any night time diarrhea ?

Any constipation alternating with diarrhea ?

Your age ?

Any recent weight loss?

Please provide the above information so that i could help you better

Regards