Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have been having stomach issues weeks now. Feelings of

Customer Question

I have been having stomach issues for several weeks now. Feelings of being punch in the stomach and my upper abdomen is swollen and tender when palpated.
I have been getting slight bruise feelings on my hip bones for ages now and I get quick sharp pains under my left rib. I deal with random nausea and bloating.
My stools are crazy inconsistent. Up until the other day, I was waking up at 3am with uncontrollable diarrhea. Then ill be constipated and then there'll be times where I'm like having diarrhea but it doesn't feel like I've finished but I can't get it out - frustrating.
Since all of this started I have also experienced large amounts of mucus on my stools. Clear jelly, cream, light brown mucus and just yesterday it was very dark brown (floating in toilet bowl, attached to stool and on toilet paper) and crazy tempoerature fluctuations. Swinging everyday between 97 and 99. I currently do not have health insurance so I'm just looking for advice on whether this is potentially serious or not of much concern? Thank You, Crystal
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question crystal

I can tell you that you should have the proper workup (colonoscopy, stool tests, etc)

BUT, this is classic irritable bowel

I recommend looking into the FODMAP diet

It is built for IBS people like you

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com