Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

Bruising on both sides of my upper torso. No injury just

Customer Question

Bruising on both sides of my upper torso. No injury just appeared.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Have not seen dr- just Haven't changed any meds recently been insane ones for years- synthroid, analapril, arorvastatin, hydrjoochlorthide are the prescription meds.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: havimg colon issues saw that PA this morning and they have scheduled a colonoscopy in two weeks - but this bruising was't there this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Bruising in the area, without any trauma, requires testing and exam.

You need to see if you have dropped your platelet count.

A simply blood test....CBC.

Go see your doctor this week.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 3 months ago.

• Bruising indicate either trauma or thin blood. The trauma is obviously excluded by your history
  • The blood can be thin by using medications like aspirin, or deficient clotting factors (produced by the liver), of low platelets count
  • If you are not taking blood thinners, then you will need more than just a CBC. You will also need a coagulation profile which includes PT, PTT and INR. There are done through your family doctor and if any of these is abnormal, then you will need to see a Hematologist for further testing and treatment

Best wishes