Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I take 60 mg. every morning of Dexilant but still have

Customer Question

I take 60 mg. every morning of Dexilant but still have constant bloating and burning. Can I take antacids and what is best with Dexilant?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: 3 months of issues and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with Gastritis and hiatal hernia. Other symptoms are tightness in chest, gas, backache.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have celiac and damage was found following an endoscopy. I've re-dedicated to a gluten-free diet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. Do you have any other medical conditions? Do you take any other medications?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

First of all shuts down acid secretion completely./

If you had to take something else temporarily, I would use gaviscon, as it works differently.

However, this need to be evalued by your doctor.

Tightness in the chest requires an EKG.

The lack of effectiveness of your therapy needs to be evaluated.

Backache can indicate a more severe problem, such as penetrating ulcer.

I suggest an immediate exam.

Urgent care.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here