Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My bun creatinine ratio is 34 I'm freaking out, Yes, I just

Customer Question

My bun creatinine ratio is 34 I'm freaking out
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, I just got my blood work on the patient portal. I was having cramps and back pain. they put me on chipro on Sat. I just got the blood work now.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I had bad ice on a vacation and had diarrhea then I fell down a few nights later. I've had cramps ever since. I thought it was GYN related and had pelvic ultrasound but it was fine. Then I started having burning around my urinary area. so I went to the doctor.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I told them everything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. What is you creatinine level (not ratio)? Do you have any other medical conditions? Do you take any medications?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

With a normal creatinine, the ratio is not significant.

The ration can only be meaningful of your creatinine or your BUN are high.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/