DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have GERD, hemorrhoids, and constipation. whenever I go on

Customer Question

I have GERD, hemorrhoids, and constipation. whenever I go on a CALORIE RESTRICTION WITH OPTIMAL NUTRITION diet it makes it worse, but when I eat normally I am fine so I was wondering is this because my body needs to get used to my new diet? or is it never going to get used to the diet? basically when I am not on the diet I eat a plate full of rice with some dal or something like that and when I am on the diet I eat a plate full of vegetables and fruits. Also what are the consequence if I continue on my diet even though these things worsen as a side effect? Also are there any natural foods to help with the side effects.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Both diets are good.

Make sure the rice is organic brown rice.

Then, to your basic diet, add some veggies that have been peeled and then cooked.

This will brink out the soluble fiber.

Give it 3 to 4 weeks.

You should get even better.

Consequences of no fruit and veggies;;;;;less nutrients, higher cancer rates.

Just cook anything that upsets your system.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but when I go on the fruits and veggie diets I have hemorrhoids, and constipation. how do I prevent this? and what are the consequence if this continues to happen untreated. Its been more than 3 weeks on this diet same problem.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

I don't think you read my answer carefully, or I was not clear.

Let me try to restate this.

Start with the diet that helps you.

Then, add a little fruit or veggie, but only peeled and cooked.

So, stewed fruit for example.

Go very gradually.

Give it 4 to 6 weeks to adapt.

For example.

Try cooking peeled fruit with rice.

Just a little bit.

good luck.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/