Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I started to have intermitant crackling sound in my right

Customer Question

I started to have intermitant crackling sound in my right ear. I am 87 years old and have some hearing difficulty.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Very short time - just noticed it this morning. I have not had the flu recently but have been hourse (?) some times and have a recurrent productive cough
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No 0 I am active but have a bad back ache
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

This crackling sound which is of short duration in the absence of any recent flu is highly likely suggestive of wax in right ear irritating ear drum , wax often swell up in middle ear and produce such crackling sound .

It would be ideal for you to visit ENT dr for wax removal , this is ideal thing that can be done .

Please proceed as I advised you .

Good luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,