Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Lol. Been takin Xanax last three days anxiety. First day

Customer Question

Hello again. lol. Been takin Xanax last three days for severe anxiety. First day -1mg 3 times a day; second day -.5mg twice and 1mg twice. Had a real rough time early that evening. The third day went back to 1mg 3 times a day. That was a very good day. Woke up this morning terrified after having very scary dream. The severe anxiety had returned. Just took 1mg of the Xanax and it relieved a lot of the anxiety. Does the nightmares and morning anxiety improve with time?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. In addition to the medication, you should also get Psychological counseling to help reduce all of your symptoms. The Xanax will help, but the combination of medication and counseling is far better. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please provide a positive rating. This is how I am compensated for my response. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I feel I need to increase daily Xanax dosage from 3mg to 4mg, would that be safe? Haven't been able to get in to see regular physician. Supposed to start seeing a family physician later in wk?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Only take the amount prescribed by your doctor. It is not safe to change dose on your own.