Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Thank you. It was 3 of 0.5mg lorazepam about over an hour

Customer Question

Hi thank you. It was 3 of 0.5mg lorazepam about over an hour ago. I should talk on more 0.5? I also have Xanax and possibly ambient but not sure. What else can I do? Sleep is only issue
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

Well if sleep is the only issue then you can consider using another 0.5 mg of lorazepam, the maximum dose which can be taken is 4 mg but i would NOT recommend that dose, try using another 0.5 mg and see if that helps. It should and if it doesnt consider using non pharmacological sleep aids like,

taking a warm bath which can soothe you

Try sleeping in a dark room, eliminate all background noise

Wear ear plugs and cover your eyes if needed

Another option can be using OTC benadryl, but again that should be used atleast 2-4 hours after the use of your last lorazepam, mixing these two drugs can cause significant sedation. Infact any of the OTC sleep aids can cause problems like the ones which i mentioned in our previous conversation but if the extra dose of lorazepam doesnt work, try the additional therapies only after waiting a couple of hours.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,