Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Thank you. It was 3 of 0.5mg lorazepam about over an hour

Customer Question

Hi thank you. It was 3 of 0.5mg lorazepam about over an hour ago. I should talk on more 0.5? I also have Xanax and possibly ambient but not sure. What else can I do? Sleep is only issue
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 10 months ago.

Hello again,

Well if sleep is the only issue then you can consider using another 0.5 mg of lorazepam, the maximum dose which can be taken is 4 mg but i would NOT recommend that dose, try using another 0.5 mg and see if that helps. It should and if it doesnt consider using non pharmacological sleep aids like,

taking a warm bath which can soothe you

Try sleeping in a dark room, eliminate all background noise

Wear ear plugs and cover your eyes if needed

Another option can be using OTC benadryl, but again that should be used atleast 2-4 hours after the use of your last lorazepam, mixing these two drugs can cause significant sedation. Infact any of the OTC sleep aids can cause problems like the ones which i mentioned in our previous conversation but if the extra dose of lorazepam doesnt work, try the additional therapies only after waiting a couple of hours.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/