Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a pain on the left side that started two days ago -

Customer Question

i have a pain on the left side that started two days ago - it is almost like an upset stomach but got real sharp for period of time - the next morning it was gone and i felt ok
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: it came back yesterday but just like a slight back pain on the middle left side and would come and go - went to sleep last night and woke up just recently to a slow building of pain again on the left side which now has subsided and is almost gone again
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I would recommend that you should have an ultrasound of the abdomen including your kidneys to have a look to make sure we rule out a kidney stone or stone in the urinary tract.

Most likely, from what you are describing, it does not seem likely to be anything serious or anything to worry about particularly since the pain has subsided.

Another possibility is that it could have been a pain originating from the intestine and went away on its own, which is very common. It could have been related to something you ate.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i will go to an immediate care first thing then - this is now the second day and as i said i went to bed with what was just some soreness in the center of my back but woke up to a pain on the left side which slowly kept increasing and then just started to subside to where it doesnt feel like much
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Yes that is the right thing to do.

You should go to an urgent care centre first particularly since you mention that this is your second day.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

I would appreciate a rating as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out by the website.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have even after rating me.

Kindest regards