How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64004
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother will be seeing a GI Doc. this week. He has

Customer Question

My brother will be seeing a GI Doc. this week. He has unknown internal bleeding(red blood cell count is low and he is anemic), lots of gas, and green feces. He is pretty sure he has an enlarged liver due to past alcohol and drug abuse. He also knows he has Hep. C but has not had that treated due to financial problems. Do GI Docs. deal with liver issues?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.



GI doctors are the doctors that deal with liver issues.

For Hep C, there is a sub specialist of GI doctor called a hepatologist, and he needs to find one.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here