Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

Last night I began to feel odd. My vision was impaired then

Customer Question

Last night I began to feel odd. My vision was impaired then I felt faint and within a few minutes passed out but not for long. When I came to I was holding on to my friend crying, weeping uncontrollably. I eventually was able to stop crying but for a while felt weak and unsteady. I went to bed and slept well. Feel fine perhaps a bit tired today.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. The episode you described is likely to be a syncopal episode. The differential diagnosis is broad and includes cardiac problems, stroke, seizures, hypoglycemia. You have to go to the ED and have an initial assessment to prevent any further complications. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 3 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

This looks like typical Hypoglycemia episode, low sugar

Check your Fasting blood sugar and HBA1C in the hospital.

I also suggest you to get screened for all the blood tests like kidney, liver, heart etc, if you have not done a general check up in the recent past

If the episode doesn't repeat that is fine. if it repeats, you need to monitored and screened

Echocardiagram, Treadmill test for heart and blood tests for FBS, HBA1C, Kidney, liver are essential.

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for helping you

Follow up questions can be asked even after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here,

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya