Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

From the time to time I a sharp stabbing pain on the left of

Customer Question

Hi from the time to time I a sharp stabbing pain on the left of the chest to the side of my breast. I went to the emergency room and they 3 EKG and results came back normal. They said I might have Gastriitis but I am still worry that is might be a heart attack and I have alot of anxiety.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. Do you have any other medical conditions? Do you take any medications? Do you smoke? Are you overweight?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I dont' smoke and the ER doctor did a D-Dimer and it came back negative <0.27. I am 5' 6 inches and weigth 168

With 3 negative EKGs and low risk factors is unlikely you are having and acute coronary event. GERD can present with symptoms very similar to a heart attack. For now take the omeprazole and avoid coffee, chocolate and tomato sauce. If your pain is worse or not improving in the next few days then go back to the ED. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I updated my cc info please call me...thank you.

Ok.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see you have requested for a Phone call. Please call

Please accept the phone call offer, so that I can call you for helping with your question