Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am taking omeraprazol ..I have problem sleeping can I take

Customer Question

I am taking omeraprazol for gastrics ..I have problem sleeping can I take zzzquil.. Is it safe to take both together?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dr. Stan here to help. Yes it is safe, you can take both.You should take the Omeprazole in the morning on an empty stomach. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating for my response. This is how I am paid for my service.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are no sideeffects?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Only that you may be a little drowsy in the morning.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But the warning states that zzzquil should be avoided while having stomach problems such as ulcers.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

This is because zzzQuil contains alcohol (small amount) so to protect the company, they put this warning on the label. If you take it according to directions and don't abuse it, you should have no problem. In the alternative, try Melatonin to help you sleep. Also to help with your gastritis (GERD). Sleep on your left side, don't eat 3 hours before going to sleep and elevate the head of your bed so you sleep at a slight angle.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Are you feeling better?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No doctor ..I am still finding it difficult to sleep ..I am not able to sleep at all ..sleep for just 15 seconds and then I wake up ..at night time I sleep 2~ 3 hours and wake up not refreshed ..What is the next advisable step
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Discuss the sleeping problem with your doctor. Continue to take the Omeprazole. Have you tried the Melatonin?