Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)

Presence of mucus in the urine

Customer Question

Presence of mucus in the urine
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, Mucus is a slimy secretion that originates from the mucous membranes and glands.

Mucus in urine is common and thus are not reported as abnormal from a urinalysis report.

In case, threads of mucus are in excess, then it could be an indication of infection or inflammation of the urinary tract.

Most of the mucus comes from lining of urinary bladder and urethra.

In case you have- pain with urination, frequent urination, urinary urgency, lower back pain, then it could be indicative of urinary tract infection.

Sometimes, excess mucus due to IBS may occasionally travel down to the urethra, which can then be seen in the urine. If one suffer from kidney stone, it could also cause mucus in urine.

Please consult your primary doctor and they can evaluate right cause for such mucus with urine.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards