Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

How are you, I'm good, I have like a burning sensation

Customer Question

Hi how are you
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: I'm good
JA: Glad to hear it. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have like a burning sensation around the head of my penis but it's not unbearable and it feels like I have to urine all day
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Been like a week and no other discomfort
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Any recent history of unprotected sex? Any redness of the head area? Regards

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Now regarding your questions,

a) Insurance companies dont routinely screen for kratom, they would have to specially order this test done as it is not a part of the normal drug screens

b) While there are rumors that it can give false positives for opiates simply because it acts on the same receptors as opiates, they are NOT true, the byproducts of kratom are not picked up on routine drug screens. Atleast there is no evidence which indicates that this can happen. Anecdotal evidence does exist as many patients have claimed that it has happened to them but no scientific proof.

c) Kratom stays active in the body for 5 - 7 hours that is its half life is 5-7 hours, so in order for it to completely excreted from your body. So at the most it should leave your body completely within 48 hours.

Now to be on the safe side, i would recommend abstaining from kratom until you get your test done but i expect your test to come back as normal and they should not be able to detect it in your system.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

can I help?

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it. :)