Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I took 6,200 mg in ibuprofen tablet. Because I have. A pain

Customer Question

I took 6,200 mg in ibuprofen tablet. Because I have. A pain in my back area from falling. What do I do I didn't know it can be harmful to me.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I just turned 19 on the 5th of july. And no just really bad pain from where I feel. And it's really been hurting and I took 25 200mg ibuprofen and 2 600mg ibuprofen with in 24 hours
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Will I be okay. And nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 3 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Such high doses of NSAIDs like ibubrufen can cause harm to your body,overdosing does not relieve pain but causes other problems.It would be prudent to see your PCP/doctor and get examined by him.Do you have any other problem apart from the pain in the back?