Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

How does vancomycin I've stay in your system

Customer Question

How long does vancomycin I've stay in your system
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The drug would be eliminated from the body in about 12 to 24 hours.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Are you with me?

Let me know if you have more questions.

I am only paid by the website when you rate me, therefore I would appreciate it if you leave a rating before you leave.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The hospital I work at claim that I gave vanco to the wrong patient the pt showed no vanco in his system I hung the vanco at 100am and the test was done at 0900 am it showed no vanco in the patients system this was on a Friday morning then 4 days later they are saying they did a second vanco level and it was positive my shift ended Friday morning and was off for the next four day this hospital does not have a computerized system and they still paper chart and have no scanning system for medications I know I did not hang the vanco on the wrong patient how could the vanc level be 0 on Friday and by tues of the next week they are saying the 2 no test shows there was vanco in his system they have not let me see any of the lab reports
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

The drug is now out of the system in 24 hours.

The mean half life is up to 6 hours, giving a 36 hour elimination time.

75% of this is eliminated in the first 24 hours.

If he received a dose at 1am on a friday then it would be in the system until

1PM saturday.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/