Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Right foot swollen. By end of end very noticeable, Had

Customer Question

Right foot swollen. By end of end very noticeable
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Had ganglia cyst drained. The swelling is more pronounced around ankle and top
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do know I am overweight. I do have a desk job. No other disease
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. What's your age? How long you had ganglion cyst drained? Any pain in right foot? Any blood tests have been done yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
48. The cyst was drained June 30. It was actually a second visit. The first drain was June 7. No blood work. The only pain is if I point toe/foot and turn foot in. The pain is then is based on top of foot near base of third toe in from big toe. It reminds when I had plantar fasciitis on bottom of foot
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that this might be infection as you are having swelling and pain in foot. There is a high possibility that it can be infection which can resulted in plantar fascitis. I will highly advise to see your physician for urgent evaulation and you may need tests. I am concern about cellulitis. You can start taking pain killers such as Ibuprofen if you are not allergic but you need to see your physician or visit emergency in Hospital as you may need urgently to start antibiotics and blood tests such as serum uric acid, full blood count, bio-chemical profile, c-reactive protein.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed