Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K

I was recently diagnosed with functional dyspepsia in late

Customer Question

I was recently diagnosed with functional dyspepsia in late April 2016, and have been on dexilant 30 mg once a day. My gastroenterologist performed an endoscopy and my test was negative for H Pylori, ulcers, and cancer.
Since about Wednesday, June 27th, I have been feeling tired, weak, and dizzy and sometimes confused. My stomach feels more inflamed than usual, and I now body aches. I have also have been steadily losing weight.
Is this a side effect of the dexiant? For a couple of days, I tried Zantac instead, but it was not as effective for my stomach pain.
What do you think is the reason for these new developments in my condition?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 3 months ago.

Dyspepsia can cause these symptoms because it causes poor absorption of vital food items.. you should use herbal agents like Isphagula husk, use mucaine syrup along with food or at the time you have symptoms. Even if H.pylori is not detected your doctor should give you eradication therapy as in 20% of cases H.pylori tests are normal. So using eradication therapy for H.pylori is the best treatment option you should consider.