Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Having abdominal pain right after eating. All blood work

Customer Question

Having abdominal pain right after eating. All blood work seems to be fine. No gallbladder.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is the exact location of pain in abdomen-right or left or middle?

Is it in upper or lower abdomen?

Since how long you have this abdominal pain right after eating?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Starts in the middle then left side. Upper abdomen. Had this pain for 3 years. Found out my gallbladder needed to be removed so we did that. Pain is continuing with distintion.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.
<p style="margin-top:3.15pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.15pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.65pt">Dear customer

<div style="mso-element:para-border-div;border:none;border-bottom:solid windowtext 1.0pt;
mso-border-bottom-alt:solid windowtext .75pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"><p style="margin-top:3.15pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.15pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.65pt;border:none;mso-border-bottom-alt:solid windowtext .75pt;
padding:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in">Thank you for replying back.

The symptoms you have described of having abdominal pain right after eating, is suggestive of a condition called gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Because of the inflammationof stomach,when you eat food,it hurts.Also there can be associated gastric/peptic ulcers.

Blood tests usually will come out normal.You need following tests:

• Upper endoscopy(esophagogastroduodenoscopy,EGD)
  • Barium swallow.
Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh