Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

My doctor has started me on 20 mg lasic ...I have an over

Customer Question

My doctor has started me on 20 mg lasic for edema...I have an over active bladder and problems emptying my bladder and it feels like I need to urinate all the much water should I drink and would that help
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: High blood pressure around 150/90
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

I advise that you drink your normal amount of fluids ...

Fluid restriction could be used for edema too you know...

8 ounces of fluid per serving and about 6 servings per day is fine ..

Limit sodium intake as the Lasix is as much to remove excess sodium ...

Potassium should be prescribed to you as well 10meq for every 20 mg of Lasix per day .....

You may ALSO have a problem with OAB it sounds = overactive bladder or bladder spasms ...

This too may be treated with an antispasm medication ( Rx and a couple over the counter options >> Detrol / Enablex/ others....

I recommend ask your doctor about the frequent urgency to urinate and UTI ruled out as well...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD