Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have some bumps on my penis at the base near my belly. I

Customer Question

I have some bumps on my penis at the base near my belly. I normally shave there but I don't know if it's from shaving they've been there over a year there's no fluid in them they're hard. If I could send you a few pics I would
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: No pain. Over a year I think. My girlfriend doesn't have anything on her
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Can you attach pics here if that is possible? Otherwise can i know what they look like, how would you describe them? Color shape etc?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later.

Well since there arent any pictures i cant be sure what these lesions are. But from what you are describing these can be a few things. Since they are painless it is possible that these can be harmless sweat glands which may sometimes be enlarged or even hair follicles. If this is the case then nothing needs to be done.

Now another cause of painless bumps in this region can be lichen niditus.This skin condition can cause domed, smooth bumps that are either skin-colored or lighter than your normal skin color. The bumps are usually raised slightly from the surface of the skin. This usually does go away on its own.

Lastly these can also be due to an allergic reaction or chronic irritation from the shaving foam or razor which you use which although possible is less likely because in that case you would also have itching etc. One more thing which comes to mind is that these could be genital warts which can appear over a period of months and then grow in size to appear more like warts. these can appear even months or years after you have been exposed to the HPV virus.

Now it would be better if i could see these bumps but considering that they have been there a year, i dont believe they are anything serious but you should have them examined by your doctor just to be on the safe side.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars,preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am notcompensated for my time. You cancontinue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You canalso ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is a pic

Thanks for the picture,

Well this can be couple of things from teh list which i mentioned above. Lichen niditus is one of them since they do appear dome shaped and skin colored. the second one is that these could be warts however that is less likely but i would still suggest that you get them examined.They do seem like lichen niditus from the pictures. An examination would still be warranted though.

Anotehr thing which i just thought of is these could be penile milia which are harmless as well. Usually they can be removed if cosmetic concerns are present.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What can I try to get rid of them?

Nothing needs to be done, lichen niditus can resolve on their own.

Penile milia can be removed easily by your doctor in your office.

Similarly another condition known syringoma can be removed via laser or cryotherapy.

All three are harmless but would require a visit to your doctor for removal and at the same time he can determine if they are warts as well. Even if they are warts they can be removed via laser, cryotherapy or even application of topical drugs. But you wouild have to visit your doctor for a final treatment plan.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What kind of topical drugs?

In case of warts, topical imiquimod is used which is a prescription only drug. But the chances of these being warts are relatively low as their appearance is more consistent with teh other things which i have mentioned above. OTC drugs wont be able to get rid of these spots.

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, pleaseremember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensatedfor our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions evenafter the rating.