Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have sciatica & major issues with SI jointI'm in Edmonton

Customer Question

I have sciatica & major issues with SI jointI'm in Edmonton but live in Calgary Left my pain meds at home T4s. I'm here for 1 week then flying to BC need full prescription of t4's...Pain had me in emergency room bit they said they could only give me a shot & 5 percoset
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Not prescribe 2-3 weeks of painkillers
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Scoliosis and sprained neck 6 weeks ago when the SI joint or.muscle was injured
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

Respected customer on line prescription of pain killers like Percoset which contain opiod analgesic is not acceptable neither prescribed unless and until Physically dr will not fill prescription .

So I am sorry to inform you .

Please ask ER physician to fill prescription for you .

Good luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

AS you have stated, you have been to the ER.

No ER doctor is going to keep refilling a narcotic.

You can not get a prescription on line, which is illegal in Canada and the US.

I suggest you call your doctor. Your doctor can in fact call in a prescription to the pharmacy.

Another option is to have someone at home mail you your medication that you left there.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor.

Find me anytime by request for answers.