Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Just fell on my driveway, tripped over a vase. My right

Customer Question

just fell on my driveway, tripped over a vase. My right elbow is starting to swell fairly dramatically, about 2 1/2 the size of my left elbow. This happened a year ago when I fell from a ??, my elbow swoll up like a balloon...never any pain but a little sore to the touch.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: just happened 10 minutes agop
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age & gender?

Do you mean that you have got same injury on right elbow a year ago?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

You wrote:This happened a year ago when I fell from a ??,

Can you give more details on this.

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The swelling you are having on right elbow after a fall is most likely because of hematoma from the injury.

A hematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels usually in liquid form within the tissue.The fluid leaking is this one only.

A hematoma usually is not a cause for concern.Following will help you greatly:Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the icepack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the hematoma.

So bot***** *****ne is there is nothing to worry about this hematoma from the injury.Just keep an eye of observation & apply ice as described above.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

I hope my answers helped.If you still have any questions,I am happy to answer you further.

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh