Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Miscarried in February at 6 weeks. Pregnant again, 4 weeks

Customer Question

Miscarried in February at 6 weeks. Pregnant again, 4 weeks and 3 days. ZERO symptoms. No bloat, no tingles, no pressure, no MS, no anything. Feel perfectly fine and high energy. Worried about miscarrying again.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I understand your concerns about miscarrying again.

With increasing age, the chances of miscarrying are more.

All I can say is that you need to stay positive and hope for the best.

I am hopeful that this time you will not miscarry.

You should also closely follow up with your OB/GYN doctor who can suggest some hormonal pills to help prevent miscarriage.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My OB is not helpful and I'm afraid I'm going to have to find a new physician. He wants to send me straight to a fertility doctor versus trying to do any labwork (he's done none), tests, etc. What kind of hormonal pills are out there that I can be asking about?What is the likelihood that everything is actually okay and it's just early? Should I be feeling something at all or is it possible that I'll be feeling something in the next week or so?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Progsterone derivatives like prometrium can help prevent miscarriage.

If you have an identified cause of miscarriage like anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome then blood thinners like heparin would help.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I'll talk to my ob about this. Is it atypical to feel perfectly fine right now? Or would you expect, besides the positive pregnancy test, that there would be other signs of pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Some ladies have absolutely no symptoms that they are pregnant.

So it is normal to not have any symptoms.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars and then submitting your rating by clicking the submit button. Your rating is the only way we are paid here.

Regards