Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Xiphiod process is not prominent when nude, nor is it

Customer Question

Xiphiod process is not prominent when nude, nor is it painful to the touch or when wearing clothing. But this causes some concern, which probably normal. I was recently advised that I am type 2 diabetic and have lost many pounds, on medication for same. Cause for concern?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Can i ask what is your medical question? Are you concerned that your xiphoid process isnt painful or prominent?

If this is the question than YES it is completely normal for your xiphoid process to not be prominent or cause you any pain. If it is causing your pain then that could be due to an underlying issue but in the absence of any symptoms, a non prominent xiphoid process is completely normal.

If your medical question is something else please specify it here and i will be happy to answer it.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/