Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Relative to a crime scene. A medic responded there was too

Customer Question

Relative to a crime scene. A medic responded there was too little blood specimen to determine if it belonged to the victim. However, they were able to determine it was human blood. Is this true; can you determine the specimen is human though the specimen was to little to determine if it belonged to the victim.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for this question. to simply answer your question, YES it is possible to differentiate human blood from blood of other species even if the specimen was too little to determine if it belonged to the victim or not. this is because of the specific markers which are present in human blood which are absent in blood belonging from other species. So human blood can be easily differentiated from blood of other species even if the quantity is insufficient to identify who the blood belongs to.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about that i mistakenly posted another answer here. Im sorry for that. here is your answer once again.

Hi,Thanks for this question. to simply answer your question, YES it is possible to differentiate human blood from blood of other species even if the specimen was too little to determine if it belonged to the victim or not. this is because of the specific markers which are present in human blood which are absent in blood belonging from other species. So human blood can be easily differentiated from blood of other species even if the quantity is insufficient to identify who the blood belongs to.Do you have any more questions?Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/