Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

My dad if experiencing low BP 88/55. s also has sudden

Customer Question

My dad if experiencing low BP 88/55. His also has sudden burred vision
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: Should I take him to the emergancy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He use to suffer from high blood pressure and the doctor recently took him off ( three weeks ago) because he has lost weight and changed his diet. and of course blood pressure has normalized.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: He smoked for 35 years.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This blood pressure reading is alarmingly low, specially for someone with a history of high blood pressure. It can be due to causes like dehydration, heart rhythm disorder, heart failure etc. He might just need intravenous fluids but since it is associated with blurred vision, we can also consider a stroke. So without a second thought, please take him to ER. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards