Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

In putting on my stomach I feel a few small lumps you cannot

Customer Question

in putting lotion on my stomach I feel a few small lumps you cannot see them I just feel them when I move it will go away should I be concerned
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Well lumps which are felt under the skin are likely to be due to small lipomas which are small tumors in the fat or subcutaneous tissue. these are BENIGN tumors and usually nothing needs to be done if they are not causing any problems like pain or are causing a cosmetic issue. if they are then they can be removed surgically very easily. if they are very small in size they can disappear on changing posture. this isnt something which you need to be worried about, if they grow in size then go see your doctor but otherwise you can relax.

Do you have any more questions?Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.