Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have a bad pain In my kidneys when I cough or bend or

Customer Question

I have a bad pain In my kidneys when I cough or bend or turn
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Months. But pain has gotten worse. Low energy.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have asthma and had kidney stones and kidney infection
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age & gender?

Is there any discomfort or pain during urination?

Any recent tests done?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm 24 female. No pain during urination. No recent tests
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having bad pain in kidney area when you cough or bend or turn is most likely because of kidney stones.

Another possibility of this pain can be due to muscle inflammation.

Exactly what causes a stone to form is not known.Whenever there is a disharmony or breakdown between the two functions of the kidney(to conserve water and to eliminate the body's waste substances) it leads to the formation of stones.

You need following tests:

-Complete urine examination

-X-rays/Ultrasound of KUB area

-Other blood tests

Drinking as much as 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) a day may help flush out your urinary system.

So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've had kidney stones and this pain is different it's like they feel tender and strained.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Kidney stone is a condition where your pain can be different every time & may not resemble the previous pain.This is because of the location of kidney stone & the size of kidney stone.

Less likely this pain can be from muscle inflammation.

The tender pain can be due to inflammation of near by organs.

An ultrasound of KUB area (Kdney,ureter,bladder) will reveal the exact diagnosis.

So bot***** *****ne is that although this pain in kidney area is different from previous pains,but still this seems likely to be due to kidney stone.There can be associated pyelonephritis that can cause this tender pain.

Muscle inflammation & neuropathy(nerve disease) to be ruled out accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh